Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 18 January 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning and to variable 5 to 15 late Friday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 January 2018 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 984 mb located 100 miles
southwest of Cape St. James.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Friday weakening low 998 mb located over eastern
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 18 January 2018 A 984 millibar low 100 miles southwest of Cape St James will move
slowly northeastward to lie south of Cape St James by Friday morning
while weakening to 994 millibars. The low will reach the Central
Coast Friday night.
Gale to local storm force southeasterlies ahead of the low will ease
to strong to gale force tonight. Gale to local storm force
northwesterlies over Bowie and Explorer will spread in the wake of
the low on Friday.
Seas of 6 to 9 metres over the central waters and west of Vancouver
Island will continue to subside through the night, but remain
significant on Friday. Check the wave height forecast for specifics.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: