Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 05 December 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeasterly 25 knots increasing to easterly 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming easterly 20 to 30 early Monday morning. Wind diminishing to easterly 10 to 20 Monday afternoon then veering to southerly 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 05 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 5 December 2021 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 5 December 2021 A Pacific frontal system is currently over the offshore waters. Ahead
of the front, gale force east-southeast winds have developed over
offshore waters and then over central waters and west of Haida Gwaii
and Vancouver Island tonight.
The frontal system stalls over Queen Charlotte Sound and will
gradually weaken to below gale force easterly winds by Monday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: