Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 October 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 25 near noon Thursday then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Thursday afternoon.
Rain beginning near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 October 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 17 October 2018 A frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters on
Thursday. Southeast gales will develop in Bowie Thursday afternoon
and to the west of Haida Gwaii Thursday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: