Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots becoming northwest 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming northwest 20 to 30 near noon Friday.
Issued 04:20 AM PDT 23 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday. Seas 3 to 5 metres building to 5 to 7 late this morning then subsiding to 4 to 6 near midnight. Seas subsiding to 3 to 5 Friday morning.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 March 2023
Saturday Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots.
Sunday Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots veering to northeast 20 to 30.
Monday Wind north 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located from Haida Gwaii to
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over BC interior.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 23 March 2023 A trough from Haida Gwaii to west coast Vancouver Island will slowly
track to the east today and reach the BC Interior tonight. Strong to
gale force southerlies ahead of the trough will shift to strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake today. Westerly gales will
spread into the Juan de Fuca Strait later today.
Strong northwesterly winds will continue Friday and Saturday as the
trough of low pressure remains over the interior and a ridge
approaches from the west.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: