Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 22 January 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots except northerly 10 to 20 over western sections. Wind becoming westerly 15 to 25 near midnight then diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late Thursday morning. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 22 January 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located over
southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 PM PST 22 January 2020 A frontal system located from Hecate Strait to Vancouver Island
Late this evening will continue moving eastwards tonight. The front
will dissipate over the Central Coast early Thursday morning. Gale to
storm force southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to moderate
to strong southwest winds in its wake.
The trailing cold front lies over Southern Explorer late this evening
in a northeast to southwest orientation. The cold front will slide
southeastwards across Vancouver Island through Thursday and depart
the South Coast region late in the afternoon. Strong to gale force
southerlies will persist ahead of the front then ease to moderate
To strong southerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: