Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 June 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 20 knots increasing to west 25 to 35 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind veering to west 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain ending this evening. Showers beginning Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 June 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 June 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located east of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:12 AM PDT 17 June 2019 A ridge over Northern Vancouver Island will produce gale force
westerly inflow through Central and Eastern Juan de Fuca Strait this
evening and Tuesday evening.
The ridge will strengthen as it moves over the BC Central Coast
tonight. Gale force northwesterlies will develop through the
Johnstone Strait and off the west coast of Vancouver Island on
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: