Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 31 May 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 20 to 25 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 Monday evening.
Showers changing to rain after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 31 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 31 May 2020 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 31 May 2020 A frontal system will cross northern and central offshore waters on
Monday then coastal waters on Monday night. Ahead of the front,
Gale force southerly winds will develop over northern and central
waters. The winds will become moderate to strong westerlies in the
wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: