Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 October 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near noon and to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 60 after midnight. Wind southeast 45 to 60 Monday.
Periods of rain tonight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 October 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located over
the Lower Mainland.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line north-south over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 17 October 2021 A strong frontal system will approach Bowie this evening and stall
over Bowie on Monday. Winds over Bowie will increase to southeast
gales early this evening and to storm force overnight.
Southeast gales will spread over west coast Haida Gwaii and
Northwestern Explorer Monday morning and increase to storm force
From Dixon Entrance East to Hecate Strait and West Coast Vancouver
Island North winds will increase to gale force southeast Monday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: