Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 16 January 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late Sunday morning then increasing to south 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Sunday departing frontal system located over
At 10:00 a.m. PST Sunday building ridge located over Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:00 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 16 January 2021 A weakening Pacific front over Northern Vancouver Island will
continue to move eastward crossing the South Coast tonight. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to moderate
to strong southwesterlies in its wake.
A ridge of high pressure will build onto Explorer Sunday morning and
to the Central Coast in the evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterly winds over the northern waters will ease to moderate to
strong on Sunday. Winds will become moderate to strong northwest over
the South Coast on Sunday.
A frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday night and spread
southeast gales ahead of it.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: