Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 07 May 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots becoming south 20 early this evening then veering to west 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to west 15 Saturday afternoon.
Showers ending near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 7 May 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening low 1008 mb located northwest
of Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 1012 mb located near Langara.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying trough located west of
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 7 May 2021 A low over northwest of Haida Gwaii will move eastward today and
dissipate over the Southern Alaskan Panhandle early this afternoon.
Strong southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterly in its wake. Winds will gradually weaken this
afternoon as the low dissipates and a weak ridge builds behind the
A trough in a north to south line will move over Haida Gwaii early
Saturday morning and onto the North Coast late afternoon. Strong to
locally gale force southeast winds will develop over the northern and
central waters ahead of the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: