Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 August 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 15 to 25 late this evening then to northwest 10 to 20 early Friday evening.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 August 2018 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1016 mb located west of Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Friday dissipating low 1020 mb located near the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM PDT 16 August 2018 A ridge of high pressure along a north to south line lies
Over Hecate Strait. Moderate to strong northwesterlies will
Prevail over most BC waters with marginal gales expected off the
northwestern coast of Vancouver Island and through Johnstone Strait.
The ridge will weaken this evening as it shifts eastward toward
The North Coast. Meanwhile, a weak low pressure system will reach
Northern Bowie on Friday morning.
Marginal gales are also expected for eastern and central
Sections of Juan de Fuca Strait tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: