Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 January 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 this morning and to southeast 40 to 50 near noon. Wind becoming southwest 35 to 45 early this evening then diminishing to west 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 5 to 15 near noon Tuesday then increasing to northeast 15 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Showers this evening. Rain Tuesday morning and afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 21 January 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 January 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 988 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PST 21 January 2019 A deepening area of low pressure will approach Bowie early this
morning and lie to the northwest by Monday afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the majority of coastal waters this
morning and intensify to gale to storm force winds through the day.
Far southern waters will be protected by a ridge of high pressure
But should see an increase in southeasterly winds beginning this
afternoon as the ridge weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: