Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 13 November 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 20 to 30 knots becoming southerly 25 to 35 near midnight then veering to westerly 30 to 40 early Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 7:20 PM PST 13 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 13 November 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located over central Vancouver
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday departing trough located from the
Central Coast to the Strait of Georgia.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 13 November 2018 A weakening cold front over Vancouver Island will depart the region
to the east tonight. A trough of low pressure over Explorer late
This afternoon will approach Vancouver Island this evening.
Widespread strong to gale force westerlies will continue over
Many northern and central waters tonight into Wednesday. Over
southern waters, the weakening cold front will generate southeast
gales off Southwest Vancouver island this evening. The approaching
trough from Explorer will spread gales to the Northern Strait of
Georgia tonight later this evening and continue into Wednesday
Another frontal system will approach Southern Bowie and Northern
Explorer Wednesday night resulting in gale force southerly winds.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: