Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 19 August 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots tonight and Monday.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 August 2018
Today Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 near noon then subsiding to 1 to 2 Monday afternoon.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 19 August 2018
Tuesday Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots veering to west 10 to 20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday Wind west 10 to 20 knots.
Thursday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 19 August 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 19 August 2018 A ridge of high pressure running north to south over Bowie will
continue to generate a northwesterly flow for most waters.
Marginal northwesterly gales will prevail over the Southern Hecate
Strait southward to west of Vancouver Island and ease to strong
Monday morning. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds in Johnstone
Strait will ease tonight.
A ridge of high pressure is forecast to build into the Southern BC
Interior tonight and generate strong outflow winds through inlets
along the inner South Coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: