Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 24 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming south 20 to 30 late overnight then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 late Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Showers ending early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located north of Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing trough located over northern
At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 24 November 2017 A weakening frontal system is stalling over Central Vancouver
Island tonight. Ahead of the front, southeasterly strong to gale
force winds are diminishing tonight. In the wake of the front, strong
southwest winds are expected.
Meanwhile a trough crossing Bowie is spreading gale force
southwesterlies over the northern waters tonight.
Another low tracking will move over Northwestern Explorer late
Saturday evening. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop
ahead of this low over southern and central waters Saturday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: