Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 June 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind backing to northeast 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
A few showers beginning this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 June 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 23 June 2018 An offshore ridge of high pressure will produce strong to marginal
gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait during the
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this morning.
Marginal gale force southeasterly winds will develop over Bowie this
afternoon and evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: