Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 17 January 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northeast 20 to 30 Thursday morning then backing to northwest 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 January 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today intensifying low 966 mb located off Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday quasi-stationary low 970 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 PM PST 17 January 2018 A strong low pressure system will move over the offshore waters
tonight and remain stationary on Thursday. Gale to storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will continue tonight across most
waters and ease to strong to gale force near noon Thursday. South of
the low, storm to hurricane force southwesterlies over Southern
Explorer will ease to gale force Thursday afternoon.
In the wake of the low, the winds over Bowie will shift to gale force
northerlies on Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: