Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 04 December 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 to 45 knots with gusts to 55 ending early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 35 near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 04 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 4 December 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST Tuesday building ridge from high located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 4 December 2023 Across the northern and central waters, the gale to storm force
southeasterlies will veer to southwesterly gales in theas the Parent
low moves into the vicinity over the next few hours. There may be
brief bursts of southwesterly storm force winds over waters west of
Haida Gwaii tonight.
Over the southern waters southwesterly gales over northern and
central waters will slowly diminish on Tuesday to southwesterly
strong as the low weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: