Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 18 January 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots diminishing to south 15 to 25 early Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 January 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
northern BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
from the Central Coast to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 18 January 2020 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior through the weekend while weakening. Gale to storm
force northeasterly outflow winds through the coastal inlets will
weaken on Sunday over the central and north coasts. Moderate freezing
spray will continue near the central and northern coastal inlets
A trailing frontal system extending from the Central Coast to
Explorer will become nearly stationary tonight. This system will help
to maintain strong to gale force southeasterly winds over most
southern waters tonight and Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: