Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 10 December 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 after midnight and to variable 5 to 15 Monday morning. Wind increasing to southerly 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Rain changing to chance of showers Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line north-south over Bowie.
At 10:00 a.m. PST Monday trough located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday trough located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PST 10 December 2017 A front will remain in a north to south line just off Haida Gwaii
tonight. Marginal gale force winds will prevail over most central
And northern waters through early Monday morning. The front is then
forecast to intensify Monday night as it finally makes its way
through the coast, with strong to gale force southeasterlies
Expected ahead of the frontal passage until early Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: