Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 August 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 20 to 30 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 early this afternoon and to north 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming light overnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 25 to 35 Monday evening.
Periods of drizzle ending early this morning. Periods of rain beginning Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 18 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 August 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over the North Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 18 August 2019 A low pressure trough lying through the North Coast will move
South to the Central Coast this afternoon then weaken. Strong to
marginal gale force northwest winds will affect northern waters
behind the trough.
On Monday, a low pressure will approach the Central Coast from the
west. Marginal gale force southerly winds will move to central
Waters to the south of the trough, while marginal easterly gales
Will develop north of the trough. This trough will swing northward
toward Prince Rupert with the gales persisting throughout Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: