Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 35 to 45 knots veering to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain ending near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing warm front located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating cold front located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 29 September 2020 A warm front crossing Northern Bowie will continue to produce gale
force easterly winds over the region through early this afternoon.
The associated cold front will approach Bowie late this afternoon.
Southeasterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
this afternoon then spread to central and northern coastal waters
tonight. The cold front will gradually weaken through Wednesday.
Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop through Douglas
Channel tonight with the approaching cold front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: