Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this morning and to southeast 25 to 35 late this morning. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 30 to 40 after midnight. Wind southwest 25 to 35 Tuesday.
Showers beginning this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 24 February 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 24 February 2020 A ridge of high pressure west of Vancouver Island will bring strong
to gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait and Haro
Strait this morning.
The next weather system will approach the offshore waters today and
continue towards Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm force
southeasterly winds will develop ahead of this system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: