Issued 09:30 PM PST 15 December 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 knots diminishing to west 25 Saturday morning.
Rain ending Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 December 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Explorer extending
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday ridge located over BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight warm front located over Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Saturday warm front located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PST 15 December 2017 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters will shift to the
BC Interior on Saturday.
A warm front over Bowie will move to lie over Hecate Strait by
Saturday morning. Ahead of the front winds will rise to gale force
southerlies over northern and central waters. Winds will shift to
gale force southwesterlies behind the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: