Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 5 to 15 knots this afternoon then backing to south 15 to 20 early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 near noon Thursday.
Chance of showers changing to rain early Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Explorer.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday approaching trough located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:12 AM PDT 23 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure will gradually build over the offshore
waters today. Strong northwesterly winds will develop along West
Vancouver Island this afternoon.
Over the inner coastal waters, strong to gale force inflow winds are
expected to develop through Juan de Fuca Strait late this afternoon
and persist through early Thursday morning. Marginal northwesterly
gales are expected through Johnstone Strait tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: