Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 March 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots except southeast 35 over western sections this morning. Wind becoming east 20 to 30 early this evening except east 10 to 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming northeast 15 to 25 late overnight then backing to north 20 to 30 Monday afternoon.
Bowie - northern half
Bowie - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 March 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening cold front located west of Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located southwest of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low located west of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching low located south of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 24 March 2019 A cold front currently west of the offshore waters will continue to
spread gale force southeasterlies to Western Bowie this morning.
Winds will ease to strong force later today as the front weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: