Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 March 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots except south 15 over southwestern sections. Wind becoming southwest 15 to 25 late this evening then backing to southeast 20 to 30 Saturday morning except southeast 35 over western sections Saturday afternoon and evening.
Rain ending after midnight. Showers beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 March 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening trough located north of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday low located over the southern Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 22 March 2019 A trough of low pressure over the offshore waters with an associated
low pressure centre off Cape Scott will move northward to reach the
Alaska Panhandle late overnight.
Southeast gales west of Haida Gwaii will prevail ahead of the
Trough. Ahead of the low, winds will reach gale to storm force in
Queen Charlotte Sound and near the headlands of Northwestern
Vancouver island through early this evening. South to southeast
Gales are also expected to develop over the central and northern
waters tonight ahead of the low. Winds will shift to strong to gale
force southwesterly in the wake of the trough and low.
Another front will approach from offshore on Saturday spreading
strong to gale force southeasterlies to the offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: