Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 June 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to west 25 to 35 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind veering to west 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain ending this evening. Showers beginning Tuesday morning.
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 June 2019
Bowie - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 June 2019
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 June 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 June 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located east of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:11 AM PDT 17 June 2019 A quasi-stationary ridge over North Vancouver Island will produce
gale force westerly inflow through Central and Eastern Juan de Fuca
strait this evening and Tuesday evening. Fog banks and drizzle will
linger in many marine areas through today and Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: