Issued 04:00 PM PST 11 December 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots veering to southwest 30 to 40 near noon Thursday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 4:00 PM PST 11 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 11 December 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday trough located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Thursday trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 PM PST 11 December 2019 A frontal system extending from Haida Gwaii to west of Vancouver
Island will cross the mainland coast tonight.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies are expected ahead of the front.
Winds will ease to strong southwesterlies behind the front.
A trough will move through Bowie Thursday afternoon generating gale
force southwesterlies as it passes.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: