Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 May 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming south 25 to 30 near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 May 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over the Mainland Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 986 mb located southwest of the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday low 994 mb located 120 miles west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:35 PM PDT 27 May 2020 Strong to gale force southeasterly winds are expected over Bowie and
west coast Haida Gwaii tonight as a frontal system approaches the
In the wake of the front, strong south to southeast winds will
continue on Thursday over Bowie and the northern waters as a deep
Low well offshore gradually fills and moves towards the Gulf Of
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: