Issued 07:00 PM MDT 25 September 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots this evening and to northwest 20 early Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 35 Wednesday evening.
Periods of snow. Risk of freezing drizzle tonight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 4 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
BathurstIssued 7:00 PM MDT 25 September 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 25 September 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday building ridge located near Banks Island.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 69N 140W to 74N 98W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday low 998 mb located at 71N 66W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 998 mb located over Baffin Bay.
At 0000 UTC Thursday approaching low 989 mb located at 80N 110W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: