Issued 07:00 AM MDT 10 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 15 knots this morning and to north 20 early this evening. Wind backing to west 25 early Thursday morning then increasing to west 35 late Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 Thursday evening.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
BathurstIssued 07:00 AM MDT 10 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday deepening low 1000 mb located at 71N 122W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 976 mb located at 70N 94W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday dissipating low 1001 mb located at 74N 67W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: