Issued 07:00 AM MDT 11 August 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 15 near noon then increasing to west 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to west 25 late this evening then diminishing to light near noon Friday.
Showers changing to flurries near midnight and ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 6 tenths
old ice in the northwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday weakening low 988 mb located at 79N 166W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 995 mb located at 81N 151W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: