Issued 07:00 PM MDT 15 August 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to west 25 late overnight then diminishing to west 15 near noon Thursday.
Snow changing to chance of flurries Thursday afternoon and evening with risk of freezing drizzle. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
5 tenths old ice except 9 tenths old ice in the northwestern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 15 August 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday low 989 mb located at 74N 147W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 980 mb located at 73N 107W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday trough from low located over 76N 101W
By 0000 UTC Friday trough from low located over 76N 124W extending
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: