Issued 07:00 PM MDT 21 July 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday morning then to south 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Chance of flurries changing to chance of showers Sunday. Fog patches.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 July 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
3 tenths first-year ice including 1 tenth of old ice except 9 tenths
old ice in the northern section. Strong ice pressure near parts of
the coast easing Sunday morning.
Warnings (In effect)
BanksIssued 4:20 PM EDT 21 July 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 22 July 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday warm front located from 78N 180W to 76N 150W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday warm front from 987 mb low located from 82N
100W to 70N 93W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday departing ridge located over the Northwest
Territories extending northward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: