Issued 07:00 PM MDT 25 September 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots increasing to west 30 early Wednesday morning and to northwest 40 early Wednesday evening.
Periods of snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Outside the ice edge risk of freezing spray tonight and Wednesday.
Low tonight minus 7. High Wednesday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
4 tenths old ice except 9 tenths old ice in the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
BanksIssued 7:00 PM MDT 25 September 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 25 September 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 73N 170W to 70N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 73N 170W to 70N 137W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday low 976 mb located at 84N 110W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 989 mb located at 80N 110W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: