Issued 07:00 PM MDT 17 July 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots except northwest 20 over southeastern sections this evening. Wind diminishing to light early Wednesday morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 25 early Wednesday evening.
Chance of showers this evening. Risk of freezing drizzle overnight and Wednesday morning.
Low tonight minus 1. High Wednesday plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 July 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
4 tenths first-year ice including 1 tenth of old ice except 9 tenths
old ice in the northwestern half.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 18 July 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday departing ridge located over Amundsen Gulf.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 988 mb located at 73N 166W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 976 mb located at 80N 140W.
At 0000 UTC Friday approaching ridge located over the northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: