Issued 07:00 AM MDT 10 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 20 knots near noon then backing to west 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to west 20 Thursday morning.
Periods of rain with a risk of freezing rain changing to periods of snow this evening then to showers Thursday morning. Fog banks dissipating this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog banks and in snow.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 7 tenths
old ice in the northwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday departing low 1000 mb located at 71N 122W.
At 0000 UTC Friday approaching low 987 mb located at 80N 130W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: