Issued 07:00 PM MST 11 November 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 30 knots tonight and Tuesday.
Flurries and blowing snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in blowing snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 13 falling to minus 18 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 11 November 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
8 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth multi-year ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths multi-year ice in the
Warnings (In effect)
BanksIssued 7:00 PM MST 11 November 2019
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MST 12 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located from 78N 170W
to 68N 136W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday departing low located east of Banks Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: