Issued 07:00 AM MDT 21 August 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to north 20 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind light Wednesday.
Chance of drizzle with a risk of freezing drizzle changing to chance of flurries today. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Open water except 3 tenths old ice near parts of the coast and in
the western section. Unusual presence of old ice near parts of the
coast and in the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
AmundsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1130 UTC Tuesday building ridge from 1028 mb high located over
78N 172W extending southeastward.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1029 mb high located over 76N 152W
At 1200 UTC Tuesday departing trough located from 79N 126W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: