Issued 07:00 AM MDT 16 October 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots near noon then backing to east 15 near midnight. Wind east 15 Wednesday.
Periods of snow beginning this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
7 tenths new ice including a trace of multi-year ice except 9 tenths
grey ice including 2 tenths multi-year ice in the southwestern
section. Unusual presence of multi-year ice in the pack ice.
Warnings (In effect)
AmundsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 October 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 16 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday weakening ridge from 1027 mb high located over
74N 135W to 65N 115W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1018 mb high located from 77N 145W
to 71N 127W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday approaching warm front located near Inuvik.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: