Issued 08:56 AM MDT 20 September 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light Friday morning except south 15 over western sections.
Chance of flurries today and this evening with a risk of freezing drizzle.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 September 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths old ice along the southern coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 20 September 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday ridge located from 77N 146W to 59N 119W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday high 1028 mb located at 62N 110W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over Arctic Coast of Alaska.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 1009 mb located at 72N 135W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: