Issued 05:30 AM EDT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 30 knots today and tonight. Wind northwest 30 Wednesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning this morning and ending after midnight. Freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7022N 13500W to
7202N 12826W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7149N 10338W to 7254N 10353W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9728W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7200N 9409W to
Nunavut near 7148N 9410W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 7132N 9320W to 7220N
9248W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7339N 8801W. Sea ice north of the
Warnings (In effect)
BoothiaIssued 05:30 AM EDT 04 October 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 3 October 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday departing low 975 mb located at 65N 77W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday approaching ridge from 1035 mb high located
from 67N 116W to 77N 131W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday low 992 mb located at 70N 55W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 994 mb located at 75N 65W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: