Issued 05:30 AM EST 27 November 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 early this evening. Wind north 20 Sunday.
Periods of snow ending early this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray beginning this evening.
Temperatures minus 4 falling to minus 10 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 November 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5438N 7946W to 5745N 9130W
to 6015N 9345W to 6302N 8834W to 6155N 8330W to 6415N 7600W to
Baffin Island near 6326N 7207W. Sea ice southwest then north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 6229N 7742W to 6230N
8000W to 6145N 8045W to 6000N 7800W to 5845N 7930W to 5715N 7730W to
Quebec near 5522N 7739W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5937N 6528W to 5840N 6730W
to 5930N 6915W to Quebec near 6048N 6922W. Sea ice south of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
West FoxeIssued 05:30 AM EST 27 November 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 27 November 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday deepening low 982 mb located at 50N 64W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 979 mb located at 61N 64W.
At 1200 UTC Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over western Hudson Bay.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: