South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 to 20 knots this afternoon then backing to northwest 25 near noon Monday.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 to 2 metres except 2 to 3 over southern sections. Seas building to 2 to 3 this evening and to 3 to 4 Monday afternoon.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 September 2023
Tuesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Wednesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Thursday Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 July 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5145N 4930W to 5345N 5015W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday ridge located over the South Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight approaching trough located north of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NDT 24 September 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach from the north tonight and
move over the East Labrador Sea on Monday. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected in its wake on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: