South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 04 October 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots diminishing to west 25 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 4 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4956N 5533W to 4945N 4715W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6035N 5145W to 5840N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 04 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 4 October 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the coast of Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
the coast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over James Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM NDT 4 October 2022 A trough of low pressure will remain stationary along the coast of
Greenland tonight before pivoting into the Labrador Sea on Wednesday.
Strong to gale force westerly winds will persist over most waters due
to this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: