South Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 20 August 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots veering to southwest 25 early this morning then to west 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4545N 4500W to 4700N 4445W to 5100N
4800W to 5545N 5200W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 20 August 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Ontario.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM NDT 20 August 2018 A trough of low pressure currently over Labrador will track eastward
across the marine district today. Strong to gale force westerlies are
expected over northern waters in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: