South Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this morning and to northwest 25 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Showers and fog patches Sunday.
South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 July 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5030N 5045W to 5345N 5045W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W to 5810N 4650W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Hudson Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough located over the North Labrador
Coast extending southwestward.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located east of the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NDT 30 September 2023 A trough of low pressure over Hudson Bay will track eastward today,
emerging over the Labrador Sea Sunday morning. Moderate to strong
southeasterlies are expected to develop ahead of the trough, veering
to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and Northwest Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: