South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 09 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light except southwest 15 to 20 knots over northern sections. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 09 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 late overnight.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 09 June 2023
Sunday Wind variable 15 knots.
Monday Wind variable 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20.
Tuesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 9 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday Bergy water except 5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 9 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to 5302N 5431W
to 5510N 5440W to 5645N 5728W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 8 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5055N 4705W to 5725N
5245W to 5915N 4830W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 9 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today approaching trough located over northern
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: