South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 23 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then becoming south 15 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5700W to
Newfoundland near 5115N 5647W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5052N 5554W to
5044N 5323W to 5447N 5131W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western and southern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4615W to 4850N 4615W to 5100N 4720W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 23 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 999 mb located northeast
of Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 23 May 2022 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: