South Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 21 April 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 30 this morning then to northwest 25 Sunday evening except northwest 15 over northwestern sections.
Showers or flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Over open water a risk of freezing spray over northwestern sections today and Sunday.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4730N 4915W
to 4830N 4855W to 4940N 5120W to 5320N 5210W to 5630N 5830W to 5800N
5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4515W to 4815N
4515W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 21 April 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 994 mb located over western Funk
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 990 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM NDT 21 April 2018 A low pressure system moving northward over Western Funk Island Bank
will stall over the Belle Isle Bank this morning, then track eastward
out of the district tonight. Gale force northerlies will develop over
southwestern waters today as it approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: