South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 19 August 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to south 15 this evening then increasing to southwest 25 late overnight. Wind veering to west 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4545N 4500W to 4700N 4445W to 5100N
4800W to 5545N 5200W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 19 August 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 1005 mb located east of the East
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing low 1007 mb located east of
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight approaching trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 AM NDT 19 August 2018 A trough of low pressure is forecast to track eastward across the
marine district on Monday. Strong to gale force westerlies are
expected in its wake over northern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: