South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NST 25 February 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 30 knots tonight and Wednesday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over northwestern sections tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5055N 4900W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5815W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 4 tenths
first-year ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 25 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4730N 5240W to 4715N 4635W to 4910N 4525W to 5400N 5000W to 6000N
5830W to 6230N 5430W to 5900N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NST 25 February 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 25 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 1000 mb located southeast of the East
By 4:00 p.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary low 992 mb located
south of Greenland.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday building ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM NST 25 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: