Puvirnituq - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM CDT 20 August 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots diminishing to west 25 this morning and to southwest 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday morning then becoming southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Chance of showers Tuesday morning and afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 August 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 6215N 7810W to 6215N 7910W
to 6045N 7940W to Quebec near 6025N 7745W. Sea ice east of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Southampton Island near 6450N 8245W
to Baffin Island near 6450N 7810W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6610N 8440W to
Southampton Island near 6555N 8530W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Open water except 6 tenths first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Unusual presence of sea ice along the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Puvirnituq - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM CDT 20 August 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
PuvirnituqIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 August 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 20 August 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday dissipating low 985 mb located at 66N 76W.
At 1200 UTC Monday low 990 mb located at 62N 64W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 1000 mb located at 65N 58W.
At 1200 UTC Monday deepening low located at 70N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 998 mb located over Southampton Island.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: