Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 02 February 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon and to variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to north 25 Friday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening. Freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 27 to minus 19.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 1 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5746W to 5933N 5824W to 6132N 5754W
then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 1 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4925N 4925W to 5050N 4745W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM NST 02 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 2 February 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located over Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday departing trough located east of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST Friday approaching low 990 mb located near the
St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NST 1 February 2023 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland will track
northeastwards overnight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected over the Labrador Sea with this system before diminishing
Thursday morning as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: