Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 27 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 30 near noon. Wind southwest 30 tonight and Friday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5618W to 6124N 5744W to 6207N 5724W
then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths
first-year ice in the southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5055N 4940W to 5220N 4750W to 5605N 5325W to
5930N 5625W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern halfIssued 09:30 AM NST 27 January 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 989 mb located over southern Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing low 983 mb located over eastern
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located over Hudson Strait.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Friday trough located over the Northwest Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 AM NST 27 January 2022 A low pressure system over Southern Greenland will continue to move
northeastward today. Strong to gale force northwesterlies can be
expected in the wake of the low over the East Labrador Sea this
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: