Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 16 December 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to south 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind veering to southwest 20 Monday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray over northwestern sections this evening.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero rising to minus 2 to plus 2 Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 December 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5910W to 5930N 5900W to 6040N 6000W to
6315N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 6 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white
ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 December 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5553W to 5300N 5200W to 5415N 5200W to 5730N 5700W to
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 16 December 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 16 December 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over central Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 982 mb located over Hudson Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday low 986 mb located over northern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:02 PM NST 16 December 2018 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: