Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 20 October 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon then increasing to east 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind backing to northeast 25 Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 October 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6800N 6450W to 6925N
6150W to 7445N 7250W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5620W to 5030N 5400W to 5145N 5100W to 5430N 5100W to 5800N
5630W to 6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 20 October 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating trough located southeast of
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 983 mb located over Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday low 988 mb located over central Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough from 984 mb low located on a line
east-west over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NDT 20 October 2018 A trough of low pressure over the South Labrador Sea will move to lie
southeast of the district this afternoon. Strong westerlies to the
south of the trough will diminish this morning as it weakens and
A low pressure system over Quebec will move into Labrador Sunday
morning. Meanwhile, an associated trough will approach from the
southwest to lie on an east-west line over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Strong to gale force southerly to northeasterly winds will develop
tonight and Sunday ahead of the trough. Winds will diminish to strong
southwesterlies over southern waters on Sunday as the trough moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek,
and Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: